Washing the laundry and doing dishes are obviously things you clean on a regular basis, but how often should you be cleaning your bed sheets or the vents? Here are some household items with a different cleaning schedule to know how often they should get done.
- Bed sheets: Wash them once a week in warm water to kill off any germs
- Toilet Bowl: Once a week
- Sponges: After every use (thoroughly rinse and wring out) but replace every two weeks
- Shower Liner: Once a week in hot water or scrub by hand
- Lighting Fixtures: Once a week to rid dust build up
- Fan Vents: Once a month (soak the cover in warm water and scrub with a brush)
- Drains: Once a week flush with hot water and once a month run cleaning chemical down the drain to break down any debris and odors.
- Pillows: Every 3 to 6 months (should be washed seasonally to remove mold, bacteria, and odors)
- Floor Mats and Rugs: Once a week
- Counter tops and back splashes: Every day
- Bathtub and Shower walls: Once a week