What causes chimney fires?
The buildup of creosote along the chimney lining walls is caused by restricted air supply, unseasoned wood, and cooler than normal chimney temperatures. Creosote is a black or brown residue that can be ...Continue Reading →
Winter is here, and with freezing temperatures can come frozen pipes. Plumbing breaks and flood damage can be costly, so preparation is key to keep your pipes from freezing. Follow these easy steps to prevent expensive plumbing repairs.
- When temperatures drop below freezing, run the water in all the sinks at a slow, constant drip.
- Open up the cabinet doors in the bathrooms and kitchen to circulate and warm up the pipes.
- Keep the garage door closed ...
If you find yourself doing loads and loads of laundry, this advice should help you. Maybe, just maybe, you’re washing some things more than you need to:
- Pajama’s can be washed after wearing them three or four times
- Jeans can be worn three times, if not more, before washing them
- Towels should be washed after 4 or 5 uses, but be sure to let them dry between showers
- Sheets can be washed every two weeks, unless you’re a sweaty sleeper, wash every week
- Exercise clothes- ...
- Prepare Your Vehicle- Check your tires to see if you need to replace them or if you need snow tires. Have an ice scraper handy, keep your gas tank at least half full, make sure that the windshield wipers are in good ...
Did you know that Ascher’s Janitorial Services offers Restoration Services? We are certified, have the equipment and experienced team to help you with all of your restoration needs. This includes everything from water, fire, mold and storm damage, inside or outside your facility or home. Our team has many years of experience in every step of the process- from the first steps of restoration, all the way to working with the insurance company. We will be there every step ...Continue Reading →
Remember these Four Primary Rules of Firearm Safety when Hunting:
T= Treat every firearm as if it is loaded
A= Always point the muzzle in a safe direction
B= Be certain of your target and what’s beyond it
K= Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until you’re ready to shoot
You must wear at least 50% of hunter orange above the waist, including any head coverage. ...Continue Reading →