Winter is here, and with freezing temperatures can come frozen pipes. Plumbing breaks and flood damage can be costly, so preparation is key to keep your pipes from freezing. Follow these easy steps to prevent expensive plumbing repairs.
- When temperatures drop below freezing, run the water in all the sinks at a slow, constant drip.
- Open up the cabinet doors in the bathrooms and kitchen to circulate and warm up the pipes.
- Keep the garage door closed to keep garage pipes from freezing.
- Keep your house at a warm, consistent temperature both day and night.
- If you leave your home for extended periods of time, don’t set your thermostat lower than 55 degrees.
If you do end up with frozen pipes, Contact Ascher’s Janitorial Services to not only clean up the mess, but actually dry and repair the issue. Our insurance claims specialist and certified technicians will have your home looking normal again.