If you find yourself doing loads and loads of laundry, this advice should help you. Maybe, just maybe, you’re washing some things more than you need to:
- Pajama’s can be washed after wearing them three or four times
- Jeans can be worn three times, if not more, before washing them
- Towels should be washed after 4 or 5 uses, but be sure to let them dry between showers
- Sheets can be washed every two weeks, unless you’re a sweaty sleeper, wash every week
- Exercise clothes- it depends on how sweaty you get. Wash them right away if you are a sweataholic
- Outer clothes (dress shirts/khakis) can be worn a few times before washing them (unless they are stained)
Items that are worn closest to the skin like t-shirts, swimsuits, socks, underwear and camisoles should be washed after each time you wear them. To get the best results for your washables, read and follow the care labels on your clothes and detergent packages.